When your tooth becomes infected or damaged, and your dental pulp goes untreated, it can cause pain and lead to your natural tooth dying. Root canals in Monroe, WA can help save your teeth and remove your oral pain. Dr. Johnson practices endodontic therapy, which focuses on treating infected pulp in your tooth to restore it to health and prevent the need for tooth extraction. Here are some of the ways a root canal can help you:
- Save your natural tooth and avoid extraction
- Relieve your nagging dental pain for good
- Preserve your oral health by preventing the spread of infection
- Protect your jaw from widespread tooth loss and bone loss
If you have a toothache, call us ASAP at 360-967-0101. Emergency appointments are available. If you need a root canal, there’s no need to feel anxious. Try sedation!
Relieve Oral Pain With Endodontic Therapy
Endodontic therapy, also known as a root canal, can remove the infected pulp inside your tooth and restore your natural tooth without extraction. Once your tooth is completely cleaned, we fill it with an inert material to preserve your dental structure. Then Dr. Johnson uses a dental crown to fully restore your tooth’s function and appearance. Monroe Smiles offers limited root canal treatments in our dental office. If you are suffering from a more complex issue, we may refer you to a local root canal specialist. However, many are done here at our facility. Some of our options to heal an infected tooth are:
- Root Canal Retreatment: This is when a tooth that has been treated doesn’t heal properly and feels painful long after treatment. This service gives you a second chance if your tooth fails to heal or develops new problems.
- Apicoectomy: With this procedure, your inflamed gum tissue and the end of the tooth root are removed while the top of your tooth is left in place.
- Pulpal Debridement: This emergency treatment temporarily relieves pain caused by a dental abscess. This is usually for a tooth that requires a root canal rather than an extraction.
- Pulpotomy: This treatment restores infected baby (primary) teeth that have been damaged due to untreated tooth decay. This can occur when the cavity destroys the outer layer of the tooth and attacks the soft pulp inside your child’s tooth.
Don’t suffer with dental pain! Call us today at 360-967-0101 to schedule root canals in Monroe, WA.